11/25/2013

BELGIAN PRALINES

Some time ago, I had a chance to visit Belgium. I was curious to see the country where the central important structures of the European Union are located, but they did not impress me much. At least not as much as the country itself. Walking most central Belgian streets you feel as if you are back in history, as most buildings are very well preserved. Of course, without knowing Dutch, French or German is a little hard to communicate with the native people, especially outside Brussels, but it is manageable:).


When going to a new country, I always try to see what it is famous for and experience something. Belgium is known for beer (really good!), chocolate (super delicious pralines!), waffles (you can try..) and french fries with mayonnaise. As you may have guessed, I tried beer, chocolate and waffles. I do not remember waffles well, but I can tell that beer and chocolates are worth trying and bringing as souvenirs. I checked which chocolate companies are worth trying and I was super happy that I went to “Neuhaus”. They allow you to try a few pralines and decide which ones you would like to take. It is a bit pricy, but definitely worth trying! On another note, soon, heading to London! Any suggestions on what to see, where to eat and spend time would be highly appreciated :) Have a nice week!

 

* all pictures via me
Love,
Loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment