11/04/2013

FINLAND: HELSINKI PART 1

Do you like wondering and exploring the world, cultures, people? I simply love doing that! My trip to Helsinki I would consider one of the best trips I have ever had. Helsinki fascinated me with contrasts much more than I could have imagined. I am not by any means an expert in architecture, but I felt like there is a blend of Western and Eastern architecture which gives the city a special vibe. It was impressive to see some neoclassical treasures, for example, the Helsinki Cathedral which reminds of the Russian Church, and after one hour to be surrounded by buildings having the Scandinavian touch. Of course, because of history and the border with Russia there are many people speaking Russian and you can even find Russian shops (see pictures below). As for shopping (of course, I have to mention that..) many brands seen in Helsinki can be found in the whole Scandinavia, although you can find a great variety of European brands, for example “Mango”. Stay tuned to find out what the purpose of my trip was!

{Helsinki Cathedral and Senate Square, via nordicrepublic.com}

 {Streets reminding streets in Denmark}

 {Feeling the Russian influence on architecture}

{Russian souvenirs and books shop}

{Beautiful autumn in Helsinki}

Love,
Loretta




No comments:

Post a Comment